The Law, Legal Liability, and Risk Management -- Register by May 23rd and SAVE $200
An Online Faculty Education & Training Course
By completing this course, faculty members will be able to:
- DEVELOP and TEACH a Legal Aspects/Risk Management course for their undergraduate and graduate students in exercise science and fitness/wellness programs
- HAVE ACCESS to many ancillaries such as PowerPoint slides for each chapter in the Risk Management text, exam questions, and example class assignments and projects
- PROVIDE their students with knowledge of their many legal duties and the skills to DEVELOP essential risk management strategies in their practices
- HELP their students be well-prepared and able to successfully enter and excel in the health/fitness field in today’s society where the “litigation epidemic” is still thriving.
The brochure (click on the "2018 Brochure" button above) contains all the details such as:
- Need for the course
- Purpose of the course
- Course dates and timeframe
- Registration fee and refund/cancellation policy
- Unique benefits and features of this course
- Course topics covered each week
- Requirements for the course
- Bios of course professors
- Description of course textbook used with the course
Earn 12 ACSM CECs -- The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that The Fitness Law and Risk Management Academy meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status form (2013-2016). Providership # 727466
ACSM approved providership of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization's products/services.
PLEASE NOTE: This course was first offered in 2011. You also can review the article below - Preparing Exercise Science Professors - that briefly describes the 2011 course and an evaluation of it by the professors who completed it.